More than 60% of Americans believe that spending money on maintaining a perfect smile is a good investment. That’s more than the 30% of people who consider it pertinent to fix thinning hair or unsightly leg veins. If you’re interested in making your smile more aesthetically pleasing, call or make an appointment online at Granada Hills Dental Group in Granada Hills, California.
Cosmetic Dentistry Q & A
Granada Hills Dental Group
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the process of improving the appearance of your teeth, gums, and smile. These procedures differ significantly from general dentistry and restorative dentistry procedures.
For one thing, cosmetic procedures are elective. Most people choose cosmetic dentistry procedures to improve their smile, while those who see a dentist for general or restorative purposes need to improve their oral health.
However, some cosmetic procedures add an artistic dimension to dental care, while combining the oral health benefits of general and restorative dentistry. That powerful combination and gives patients like you the smile of their dreams.
What procedures fall under the heading of cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry offers several options for improving tooth function and the look of your smile, including:
- Teeth Whitening: simplest and least expensive ways to improve your smile; brighten in under an hour
- Dental Veneers: Wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored porcelain or resin; cover the front surface of your teeth
- Dental Bonding: Tooth-colored, putty-like resin, made of a durable plastic material; applied as a cosmetic alternative to silver fillings
- Dental Crown: Also called a cap, fits over and replaces an entire decayed or damaged tooth. Made from metal, porcelain-fused-to-metal, resin, or ceramic.
- Inlays and Onlays: Also called indirect fillings; made from gold, porcelain, or composite materials; fill decayed or damaged teeth.
- Dental Implants: Titanium replacements for tooth roots; inserted into the bone socket of your missing teeth.
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry improves the lives of patients in several ways, including:
- Increased Self-Esteem: You smile more and feel better about yourself
- Helps Maintain Healthy Teeth and Gums: Gives you the motivation to maintain your mouth through brushing, flossing, and eating right
- Headache Reduction: Misaligned teeth create pain that radiates into your head and is mistaken for a headache, migraine, or jaw pain.
If you’re interested in making your smile more dazzling, call or make an appointment online with Granada Hills Dental Group.